Adapted from the DHSI Statement on Ethics and Inclusion
The space within which this course takes place is committed to offering a safe, respectful, friendly, and collegial environment for all those who choose to participate, as our joint, active contributions advance the interests that bring us together. There is no place, within the context of this course, for harassment or intimidation of any kind.
The creators of this course want to clarify that there is no instructor or moderator of this course, and that the learner takes the course on their own and chooses to participate through social media and/or online publishing under the privacy and ethical policies specific to those sites used.
When you participate in this course, you become part of a community. As part of this community, each member will aim to:
- Create and maintain a welcoming space encouraging intellectual discussion and debate.
- Ensure that participation and discussion in the course is free of harassment and oppression, and that there are no restrictions on free expression and exchange of ideas.
- Protect all participants from discrimination of any kind, including on the basis of the following: race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, and beyond. The developers of this course do not tolerate harassment of DHSI participants in any form.
- Commit to ensuring that material delivery conforms to standards of inclusiveness.
- Resolve to not use sexually, racially, transphobic, or ableist derogatory or demeaning language in course content, including that produced by course participants.